The Grants Office at the UT College of Medicine Chattanooga provides local assistance to investigators working with the Office of Research Administration, UT Health Science Center, to obtain external funding for research activities. The office offers the following:
- Identification of possible funding sources
- Assistance preparing grant proposals (developing the budget, collecting necessary attachments, copy editing, and so on)
- Review and approval of proposals before submission to ensure compliance with UTCOMC standards and sponsor requirements
- Management of grant submissions in internal approval systems
- Assistance with grant performance reports
- Education and training related to grant writing
For assistance, contact Amy Casey Hutcherson, Ph.D., Director of Research Compliance and Sponsored Projects, at (423) 778-3899.